Sunday, 22 November 2015
Wednesday, 18 November 2015
Wednesday, 28 October 2015
Monday, 12 October 2015
Friday, 9 October 2015
The Learning Process
- First, the children listened to the teacher describe a creature and they drew what they heard.
- Then they wrote about their creature, using descriptive words.
- Next, they shared their writing with a talking partner to "Give one -Take one" - share words that they could add to their own descriptions.
- Finally, they worked on their writing again to make it better.
I am learning to:
- Use words to build a picture in my own mind
- Use descriptive words in my writing
- Use talking and sharing my ideas as a way to make my own writing better.
We are learning to sort shapes by their characteristics
We will know we are successful when we:
- use words like - shape, line, straight, curved, corners, edges, sides
- think about different ways to sort the shapes
- talk about how and why we sorted the shapes
We are learning about Pitch
- High and low sounds
- Creating a pitch map
- Making ascending and descending melodic patterns
We are learning about beat and rhythmic patterns.
At Music with Mr McCallum we sing He Honare and we sing some other songs. We do high and low notes and we sing the Dinosaur Stomp.
Monday, 21 September 2015
Tuesday, 15 September 2015
Thursday, 3 September 2015
Your moving toy needs to:
- Have a body that can hold a plastic teddy bear.
- Have at least two wheels that move by themselves.
- You can push it to start it moving
- Move past the 1 metre line at the bottom of the ramp.
Sunday, 30 August 2015
I am learning to create and perform a sequence which links two shapes through rolling, traveling or jumping.
I will be successful when I create and perform a sequence that links two shapes through rolling, traveling or jumping.